Aptana Studio 1.0
Posted October 31, 2007on:
I’m hoping to find an IDE that could possibly have the following features:
- Source code completion
- Auto formating of the source code
- Built-in framework support (such as Scriptaculous, prototype, ext)
- Document generation (convert comments to html based documents)
- Debugging Environment for all the browsers (atleast for Firefox and IE)
- Syntax error highlighting (possibly similar to JSLint)
- Outline of the functions and variables
- Highlight browser support information of the functions as they are coded
- Lastly, the main memory usage should be on the lighter side.
The list could well go on for ever. Recently Aptana has released Studio 1.0, which is basically the next version of Aptana IDE. As far as I can see from their blog, these are the updates for the free version.
- CSS Preview
- Code drag and drop
- Visual ScriptDoc Explorer
- Enhanced Dynamic Help System
- Better User Interface
Though they haven’t satisfied all my ‘wishes’, at least they have taken the development environment to the next level. Let me give it a try and analyse the extent of improvement they have done in Studio 1.0 as they have been working on it for almost an year.